Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Soldiers Are Just Like Us



When I watched this video for the first time, I was blown away by how accurate it was. I immediately sent my boyfriend the link and after he watched it he sent me a message saying, "That was too real." Coming home from a deployment is an exciting event, but for the solider is can also be a bit stressful and overwhelming. It's hard for us at home to anticipate what they will be feeling when they arrive, but often times they are just happy to be home with the people they love. Even though they have been gone for a while doesn't mean they are a different person. Sure, they have grown and been molded by their experiences. But, deep down, they are still just like us. If you've ever had a loved one come home from a deployment, or have come home from a deployment yourself, I think you will closely relate to this video. It's a good reminder to those of us here at home that while we are waiting for our loved ones to come home, they are waiting just as eagerly to come home to us.





video source: http://www.buzzfeed.com/sarahcarbiener/awkward-things-people-say-to-soldiers#.pt5G4OBwx

4 comments:

  1. I can understand why this video is depicted as being so accurate. I really think the girlfriend should've just planned alone time with him instead of feeling obligated to throw a party. Alone time is always the best remedy after being a part from each other for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Working in the VA hospital, I see the after effects on soldiers, even guys similar to my age. They are people like you and I and they should be treated as such!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My older cousin is in the army, and I'v watched him experience this first hand. It's hard to watch.

    ReplyDelete