Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Introduction

Hello! My name is Marissa Meis and I am a sophomore at Washburn University. I have been in a relationship for almost a year now, and a vast majority of the relationship has been long distance. My boyfriend is currently serving as a paralegal for the United States Army, and is stationed in South Korea. His total deployment  is one year, of which he has served seven months so far. This blog is dedicated to documenting the journey of dating long distance, as well as outlining the aspects of a relationship with a member of the Armed Forces. I know many people who are currently in a long-distance relationship, and military or not, they take an incredible amount of commitment and trust. I want to be here for those navigating the ups and downs of having a significant other living miles away and/or serving their country in uniform. I am right here with you. It is frustrating and overwhelming sometimes, but anyone who is in my position knows that those anticipated homecomings make it all worth it. It has been an eye-opening experience, and I know I still have much to learn. I hope you take this journey with me.

6 comments:

  1. This blog is one I am interested to read. My question is was he planning on deploying before you guys were in a relationship or after? I am also in Mass Media Boot Camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog is one I am interested to read. My question is was he planning on deploying before you guys were in a relationship or after? I am also in Mass Media Boot Camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment! I'm glad you're excited to read my blog! We were aware of his deployment before we began dating. Our relationship actually began while he was still in basic training in Virginia, and after about two months of dating he deployed to South Korea where he is serving now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marissa, I was so glad to hear that you were planning on writing your blog about your long distance relationship. It's such a intriguing situation that you're a part of and I know people will be fascinated by your insightful posts regarding it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are several different blogs relating to this topic, and yours in unique and I think it really stands out from the rest. Also your map really puts long distance into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog topic is so unique, and I really admire your strength for posting so openly.

    ReplyDelete