Thursday, March 5, 2015

What is an MRE?

The next time you have a conversation with a service member, take a moment and ask them how they feel about MRE's. Chances are, they'll cringe.  What is an MRE you ask? Well it is an acronym that stands for Meal Read to Eat. They are notorious for being barely edible and only good for basic nutrition. But is that really true? In this video, a few civilians try an MRE for the first time and put this military technology to the test!






video source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E8HirPLWDg

4 comments:

  1. I actually like MRE's. I got to eat them while in JROTC, and my husband will bring them back from advanced training sometimes. Just don't eat the crackers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. The people who star in this video are hilarious! This definitely won't be something I'll be trying anytime soon. But I understand why they're used for military personnel. Gotta eat what you gotta eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back when I was in YMCA camp as a youngster, I had a chance to try some. Not the worst, certainly not the best also! I'll be sure to avoid the crackers, Marissa..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is hilarious! I have an awfully weak stomach, I don't know if I could eat a whole MRE...

    ReplyDelete